We’re seeking one or more assistants to support the development of websites and other web services for Dr. Florian Martin-Bariteau’s research group, as well as for the Centre for Law, Technology and Society.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience in front end development (CSS3, HTML5, JS). Knowledge of Materialize CSS framework is appreciated. A strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards (HTML5, CSS3, WCAG, ...) is essential.
- Experience in back end development (PHP, JS).
- Advanced Wordpress proficiency (i.e. core coding, network configuration)
- Intermediate Drupal proficiency (i.e. back end development and reorganization)
- Knowledge of Apache and Ubuntu servers.
The ideal candidate would be versed in all those functions, but we would hire different students for different responsibilities.
Candidates should be able to work in French or in English (bilingualism will be appreciated), with ability to multitask effectively.
We’re looking to hire for the summer term. Starting date and number of hours to be discussed. Possibility of contract renewal for the Fall term.
Candidates must be enrolled as a uOttawa student.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter (in the email body), your résumé (as a PDF attachment), and a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should indicate your preferred function(s), as well as any relevant qualifications for those functions (i.e. from past experiences or personal activities/hobbies).
Please indicate if you qualify, or not, to the Work-Study Program.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and until positions are filled. Applications will be accepted as long as the posting is marked as"open" on this website.