Law, Ethics & Privacy
Monday, September 27, 2021
at 16:00 ET
COVID-19 vaccine passports/certificates are already being deployed in different contexts across the world. But uncertainty about the ethics and legality of their use continues to vex the public and policy makers, with Canada as no exception.
Join us for an expert panel discussion of vaccine passports' rationale and design, the government's proper role in regulating them, and persistent related concerns over privacy, liberty, and coercion.
- Colleen M. Flood, Director and Professor of Law, Centre for Health Law, Policy and Ethics, University of Ottawa
- Vivek Krishnamurthy, Director and Professor of Law, Samuelson-Glushko Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic, University of Ottawa
- Bryan Thomas, Senior Research Associate, Centre for Health Law, Policy and Ethics, University of Ottawa
- Kumanan Wilson, Physician, Department of Medicine, The Ottawa Hospital/Bruyère, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, CANImmunize
- Marie-Eve Sylvestre, Professor and Dean, Faculty of Law - Civil Law Section, University of Ottawa
This event will be in English only.